Welcome to the Hatfield Historical Society website in Hatfield, MA. Check out upcoming and past events, featured items from our collections, items to purchase in our museum shop and the curator's blog. We look forward to seeing you. (If you're looking for the Hatfield Museum & History Society in Hatfield, PA, that's not us, so click here.)
For Hatfield Historical Society Annual Report (2016-2017), posted June 2017, click HERE.
Hatfield Historical Museum
Dickinson Memorial Hall (2nd floor of library)
39 Main St., Hatfield, MA 01038
Open Saturdays (9:30-11:30 am), Tuesdays
(10 am - 12 pm) and by appointment.
Closed in December and on holidays.
[Check website for holiday, weather or other closures.]
Curator: Kathie Gow
For queries, click on "Contact Us" link above.
*The Forgotten Empire of Porter McLeod: How a Hatfield Machine Shop Traversed the Globe
*Skate Your Troubles Away: Recalling Days of Freedom and Ice
* The Dolls of War: A Career Soldier Shares the World With His Family
* Connections: Key to Preserving Soldiers' Humanity in the Korean and Vietnam Wars
Other Current Exhibits:
* Silver and Gold -- It's Not Just Jewelry That Shines at the Hatfield Historical Museum
* Copied, Plundered or Preserved: Connecticut River Valley Doorways Still Worth Saving!
* Musket balls, spoons and pipes, oh my! Hatfield's Buried Colonial Village
Hatfield Farm Museum
Restored tobacco shed between school and cemetery
7 Billings Way (off Main St.), Hatfield, MA
Open Saturdays Memorial Day - Columbus Day (12- 2 pm)
and by appointment.
Curator: George Ashley
Support the Hatfield Historical Society by voting for us in Florence Bank's Customers' Choice Community Grants. You don't need to wait until year-end, you can vote right now and be done with it! For more info or to vote, click HERE.
A Sampling of Items from the Hatfield Historical Museum collections
Click on each image to see a larger version and caption.
Hatfield Historical Society Copyright 2018